Friday, May 2, 2008

Top 5 Sad Songs

I did it. Through the tears, sobs, and laments, I completed the post for this weeks topic. Depressing Friday to everyone.

  • Steve
    I will Follow You into the Dark - Death Cab for Cutie
    Styrofoam Plates - Death Cab for Cutie
    If That's Alright - Jeff Tweedy
    Fred Jones Pt. 2 - Bens Fold
    Only In Dreams - Weezer

  • Aaron
    Eleanor Rigby - Beatles
    Screaming Infidelities - Dashboard Confessional
    Adam's Song - Blink 182
    Brick - Ben Folds
    Cute Without the "E" (Cut From the Team) - Taking Back Sunday

  • Jayme
    Untitled - The Cure
    Roam - Lijie
    The Reason Why - Rachael Yamagata
    Street Spirit (Fade Out) - Radiohead
    Grey - Ani DiFranco

  • Connie
    It's All Over Now, Baby Blue - Bob Dylan
    One by One - Wilco
    Spark - Tori Amos
    Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
    Ne Me Quitte Pas - Nina Simone

  • Travis
    That I Would Be Good - Alanis Morissette
    Two Beds and a Coffee Machine - Savage Garden
    Best I Ever Had - Vertical Horizon
    Whiskey Lullaby - Brad Paisley & Alison Krauss
    Vincent (Starry, Starry Night) - Josh Groban (note from Travis: I couldn't find the artist that does the best job at this song, so you will have to deal with Josh)

  • Kati (Newcomer. Yah! Welcome Kati!)
    Don't Take the Girl - Tim McGraw
    Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton
    Nothing Compares to You - Sinead O'Connor
    In The Arm of an Angel - Sarah McLaughlin
    The Good Stuff- Kenny Chesney

  • Louis
    Don't Take the Girl - Tim McGraw
    Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton
    Love Me - Collin Raye
    Christmas Shoes - Newsong
    Arlington - Trace Adkins

  • Lisa
    Another Lonely Day - Ben Harper
    Goodbye My Lover - James Blunt
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart - Tom Waits (note from Lisa: Sorry about the last frame of youtube, apparently the poster likes Oktoberfest).
    Trouble - Coldplay
    Gloomy Sunday - Billie Holiday

  • Eric
    Georgia Lee - Tom Waits
    9 Crimes - Damien Rice
    Goodbye My Lover - James Blunt
    I'm Lonely (But I Ain't That Lonely Yet) - The White Stripes
    Silent All These Years - Tori Amos
Everyone's playlist is up.

I'm no detective, but I think we need to keep an eye on Louis and Kati. They're sharing answers. :) Two more additions to come shortly. Still missing my own list and Lisa's. Where are you Lisa?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was too busy fashioning a Juno noose out of licorice-- holy sad friday!

just sent my list, btw :)

daddy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
daddy said...

If you let me use your noose, I'll let you use my wobbly chair